Friday, August 25, 2006

Hearing Voices

Has anyone else struggled with their voice when writing? When I write, I'm really put off by the stiffness of my words (not necessarily here, but in my professional writing). I always feel like I'm writing a term paper or something. But when I edit and try to loosen things up a bit, I don't feel as though I'm being as effective. Does this make any sense? Ugh, I can't tell you how this irks me. Am I alone?

I guess I could always create my own language like Holly Lisle suggests, but then I'd have the burden of teaching it to the world or, perhaps, just to my readers (let's see, that would be mom, my best friend and about 5 others. Hmmm, this could work!). By the way, I just learned of Holly's site, but it seems like there is a lot of useful information for up and comings like us. Check it out and see for yourself.

I'm off for now, but here are a few random links before I go. Hope you enjoy and come back soon!

~BabyBlogger

Indispensable Writing Resources

Writing World

Writer Services

Brenda Bradshaw's Blog

1 Comments:

Blogger BabyBlogger said...

Your writing is great, Stacy! I love your blog and always learn so much there.

Yes, I agree...guess it is all a part of being a writer who cares.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home