Thursday, September 28, 2006

Check your traps!

When you have several irons in the fire or, in freelance speak, submissions pending, be certain to check for your own publishings. Around the same time I started this blog, I submitted a newbie article to LifeToolsForWomen.com on making money with words. I never heard back from the Editor and hadn't checked out their site in a while, so I had no idea my piece had been published. While checking my visitor statistics here, I found that people were actually accessing this blog from a link published with the article. I have no idea how long it's been up. It wasn't a paid piece, but I got the warm fuzzies upon discovering my baby there all the same. Check it out when you get a chance, but more important (to you at least) is a reminder to regularly check out the markets you submit to because you never know. ;)

Speaking of making money with words, I came across another paid blogging site called
Blogsvertise. I requested feedback from the ladies at WAHM.com, but didn't get much of a response initially. However, I checked back today and discovered another topic devoted to them with a greater response. For those of you interested in paid blogging, do read the thread and check them out.

My word of caution for the day, however, is to please beware of getting stuck with paid blogging, content writing, etc. I understand that the fast money helps, but my greatest desire is for all of us to go so much further with our writing careers. I'm not knocking such work (not completely, that is), but please don't get stuck in the rut of depending on them, and ONLY them, for income from your writing. Your work is worth far more than what they pay! So, start with them...or even use them to pay off a few bills from time to time if you must, but please continue to write and submit to greater markets. Promise?

Hope everyone enjoys a great weekend!


~BabyBlogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home