Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Process of Progress

I've been hard at work on my book for new women entrepreneurs. In doing so, I've also sought a little advice on conducting email interviews for some of the special women I plan to feature. One site, Poynter Online, I've found to be quite helpful in providing tips for such interviews. Of course, the face to face or even telephone interviews are still the preferred method, but many writers are finding that the email interview is just as effective. Has anyone any experience in this arena? If so, we'd all love to hear your thoughts, comments and tips if you'll be so kind as to share.

To coincide with the book, I've also started a website (which I'll unveil to all of you once it's fully functional) where I'll also be able to feature my greeting cards. You may recall that I'm preparing to launch my own line in the near future. Since my joy at having my work accepted by Blue Mountain, I do admit I've had to fight the urge not to submit every card I've written since to them and other companies. Every time I write a new card, I think to myself, "Money now? Or continue working on my long term business goal?" For now, the latter is winning. ;) Hopefully, I'll have the line ready to present to the public in June. Thus far, I've been learning a lot about the business and am looking forward to what lies ahead. I think I've shared a few articles on the subject before, but here's one that I reviewed lately offering advice to new greeting card owner wannabes that you may find interesting too.

And speaking of cards, my proud sponsor for this journal entry http://www.wedding-needs.com/baby_shower_invitations.asp is offering some of the sweetest baby shower invitations that I've seen in a long while. If you or someone you know is expecting a new baby, be sure to check them out before making a decision on shower invitations or birth announcements. If you've found that special someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, but you're not quite at the baby stage just yet, http://www.wedding-needs.com/baby_shower_invitations.asp also offers advice on wedding planning and budgeting, including hosting an inexpensive wedding reception! This site has it all, including engagement party and wedding invitations, place cards, thank you cards, anniversary invitations, announcements for all of these occasions and a variety of gifts too. In fact, I'm heading over to http://www.wedding-needs.com/baby_shower_invitations.asp as I've yet to find a gift for a 75th wedding anniversary celebration I'm attending next month. That's right, I said 75 years! Woo hoo!!! Every married couple should be so blessed to live AND love for 75 years. Takes work, patience, strength and a whole lotta effort, but I hope all of you enjoy at least that long with the one you love.

Gotta go, but great writing success to all of you this week and thanks for tuning in.

~BabyBlogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home