Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Hired Today

Well, since it's after midnight, I guess, technically, it was yesterday...but I landed a paying job!

Over the weekend, I spent some time applying for writing jobs and have just been hired as a freelancer for a new Christian magazine that's premiering in September. Originally, I'd assumed it was an online magazine, but it turns out that it's a print magazine. I'm waiting for my contract and a letter outlining the topics for the first issue. From the sound of the welcome letter and the looks of their website (still under construction, but I'll post later), there is a lot to cover and they're looking for columnists too. So, I'm happy and it looks as though I'll have plenty of work.

The company also has plans to launch a satellite/FM/Internet station airing 24/7/365. The welcome letter included an invitation to consider hosting a show in the future. This fits perfectly into my plan, so I'll definitely apply for that as well.

Aside from that, I've been working on my Blue Mountain submissions. I'd originally planned to submit 10, but have now kicked it up to 20. The first ten are all written, edited and ready to go, but now I'm working on the other 10. The ideas just keep flowing. I'll send in the first 20 though and if more show up, I'll have to do a second submission. I really love that style of writing though. Prose and poetry have always been my favorite genre.

Oh, and I heard from AC on one of three of my submissions. They'll publish it for free, but won't pay me for it as it's more of a personal experience piece. The other two are restaurant reviews, so we'll see what they do with those. So, for those of you who are interested in AC, bear in mind that they don't pay for poems, short stories or personal experience articles. They STRICTLY want articles which makes sense as they are, after all, a content site.

So, overall, it's been super hot, but things are well here. I hope that those of you reading this are staying cool while you pound away at those keyboards.

Take care everybody!

~BabyBlogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home